Relations with Israel were developed on the basis of the historically close ties of the Serbian and Jewish peoples, and the common victimisation in World War Two.
Political relations are good and friendly.
On 26 July 2018, the Israeli President Reuven Rivlin visited Serbia.
The President of Serbia, Aleksandar Vučić, participated in the Fifth World Holocaust Forum in Jerusalem on 23 January 2020, and met with the President of Israel, Reuven Rivlin.
In 2020, the value of export from Serbia was 38,297 million euros, and the value of import 33,949 thousand euros.
Economic relations are successfully developing, and are focused on real estate, with good prospects in agriculture, IT sector and ecology. There are new prospects for a stronger cooperation in the field of defence, science and new technologies.
- Agreement on Cultural, Educational and Scientific Cooperation between the Federal Government of the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia and the Government of the State of Israel. Entry into force: 27 July 2001;
- Agreement between Serbia and Montenegro and the State of Israel on the mutual promotion and protection of investments. Entry into force: 7 February 2006;
- Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Serbia and the Government of the State of Israel on trade and economic cooperation. Entry into force: 1 July 2009;
- Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Serbia and the Government of the State of Israel on cooperation in the field of agriculture. Entry into force: 16 June 2010;
- Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Serbia and the Government of the State of Israel for the Avoidance of Double Taxation and Prevention of Tax Evasion with respect to Taxes on Income. Entry into force: 15/10/2019.
Embassy of the Republic of Serbia to the State of Israel: www.telaviv.mfa.gov.rs
Embassy of the State of Israel in Serbia:
Contact information for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Department for Africa and Middle East, phone: +381 11 3068254, e-mail: email@example.com